The lightly spiced marinade for this recipe turns ordinary chicken breasts into something quite exciting. Yogurt is a great base for marinades as its mild acidity slightly tenderizes the chicken and helps to preserve moisture, which keeps the meat juicy while it’s cooked — the results are incredibly tasty.
20 minute prep
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon garam marsala
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 4 (3 ounces) boneless, skinless chicken breasts (see Chef Tips)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Blend all the marinade ingredients together until smooth.
- Combine the marinade with the chicken breasts in a re-sealable plastic bag. Marinate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the grill. Generously sprinkle salt and pepper over the chicken and grill on each side for 5 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with our Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad.
If you prefer not to grill the chicken, preheat the oven to 375 degrees and cook the chicken for 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through.
You can use skinless chicken thighs if preferred.
Nutrition Facts (per servings)
Calories: 243; Fat: 15g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g; Monounsaturated Fat: 9g; Carbohydrates: 6g; Sugar: 4g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 22g; Sodium: 413mg
Registered Dietitian Approved
Our recipes, articles, videos, and more content are reviewed by our Registered Dietitian Kate Ueland, MS, RD, CSO, a board-certified specialist in oncology nutrition, to ensure that each is backed with scientific evidence and follows the guidelines set by the Oncology Nutrition for Clinical Practice, 2nd Ed., published by the Oncology Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group, a professional interest group of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, and the American Institute for Cancer Research and the American Cancer Society.
This recipe was originally published on Cook for Your Life. It is used by permission.