You’ll find that even though this Buffalo Chicken Dip tastes indulgent, it’s actually very healthy. Butternut squash puree gives a perfect creamy texture, while chicken meat, blue cheese, and your favorite hot pepper sauce like Frank’s Red Hot or Tabasco complete it. This dip was specifically created for those game day cravings using healthy ingredients unlike most traditional game day snacks.
12 min prep
- 1 cup butternut squash puree
- ¼ cup hot pepper sauce
- ¼ cup crumbled bleu cheese
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a small casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Mix all ingredients to combine.
- Bake until heated through and bubbling, about 20 minutes.
- Serve with carrot and celery sticks or whole-wheat pita chips
—Recipe by Jonathan Deutsch, Drexel Food Lab
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
Calories: 121; Fat: 7g; Saturated Fat: 0g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g; Monounsaturated Fat: 2g;Carbohydrates: 5g; Sugar: 1g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 11g; Sodium: 456 mg
The type of hot pepper sauce you use will drastically change the taste of this dish. For a traditional “buffalo” flavor go for the Frank’s Red Hot, but don’t be afraid to try a local hot sauce or even making your own for a unique dish!