I stumbled across this presentation in my YouTube feed, and even though it’s about 10 years old, it contains a lot of good information for those with an increasing PSA after radical prostatectomy.
It gets into:
- Biochemical Recurrence definition
- Value of regular vs. ultra PSA tests
- Imaging (again, dated because this is 10 years old)
- Identifying good candidates for salvage therapy
- Salvage RT toxicities and success rates
The video is about 52 minutes long, and the presenter shares information in an understandable way for us patients.
The video—by Niall Corcoran, MD, Uro-oncology Fellow, at UBC Department of Urologic Sciences—is posted at the top of this blog. You can also watch it on YouTube.