Kids Beating Cancer Volunteers Characteristics
- Compassionate and Caring Personality
- Dedicated and Trustworthy
- Team Player
Kids Beating Cancer maintains the highest level of screening and training to ensure the safety of our families and volunteers. All prospective volunteers will be subject to our screening process, which includes:
- Complete a volunteer application and waiver.
- Undergo online check of the Department of Justice’s Sex Offender Registry.
- Parental Agreement. Potential volunteers ages 12-17 must have their parent/guardian complete and submit this form either to Kids Beating Cancer or via fax (407-894-8589).
- Proof of valid state-issued photo ID.
- Volunteer Orientation: Volunteers that live within 30 miles of Kids Beating Cancer must attend an orientation session. If you live outside of the 30-mile radius, you will receive an orientation via telephone.
- In some locations, volunteers will be required to wear Kids Beating Cancer t-shirts, purchased through Kids Beating Cancer.
Kids Beating Cancer maintains the highest level of screening and training to ensure the safety of our families and volunteers. Therefore, we’ve outsourced the volunteer background check to IntelliCorp, which provides a secure, paperless, web-based service.
We would like to invite you to make a charitable donation to Kids Beating Cancer to help us offset these administrative costs.